Article provided by: Higgins Law Corporation
At Higgins Law we have experince representing people in all kinds of personal injury cases. Our expertise in personal injury law makes our lawyer the #1 Albuquerque personal injury lawyer.
How can an attorney help me with my injury claim?
Remember that the defendant you are claiming against will have experienced attorneys to represent him/her. Regardless of your understanding of the claims process, it cannot match an attorney's years of experience and intricate knowledge of the injury law in New Mexico.
An attorney will educate you on what to and what not to say during the claims process and handle the settlement negotiations with the powerful and fierce insurance adjusters. They can protect your rights and ensure that you recover the maximum compensation.
Do I need an injury lawyer or can I handle my claim?
Hiring one of our best personal injury lawyers near me will optimize your chances of recovering a fair settlement. Our proficient personal injury law firm in Albuquerque, NM, can help you with the paperwork, gathering evidence, liaising with the at-fault party's insurance adjuster, etc., making your claims process a smooth sail.
Besides, you do not have to pay them until you recover your compensation, relieving you from a significant financial burden.
When to and when not to hire a personal injury lawyer?
Here are a few instances of when to and when not to hire an Albuquerque car accident attorney:
Instances you do not need an Albuquerque car accident lawyer:
- You survive a car accident with no or minor injuries
- You live in a no-fault state where the rules do not allow you to file a claim unless your injuries rise to a certain level
- You are already receiving the maximum compensation from the defendant's insurance adjuster as compensation
- You feel confident and comfortable handling the settlement negotiations with the insurance agent.
- You decide to take the at-fault party to Small Claims Court and have strong evidence and thorough knowledge of the legal process.
When hiring a personal injury attorney may be necessary:
- You suffer severe or major injuries or permanent disability.
- You require long-term treatment for your injuries in the form of rehabilitation, physiotherapy, etc.
- Your injuries prevent you from engaging in full-time employment.
- You suffer damages to personal property as a result of the accident.
- The insurance company is making a low-ball offer far from the value of your actual losses and damages.
- You need help with assessing the actual worth of your damages, pain, and suffering.
- You have no prior legal experience or knowledge and need an expert to handle things for you while you take the time to recover from your injuries.
Do not waste any more valuable time trying to handle your legal issue on your own. Call 505-944-5400 to schedule a consultation with one of the attorneys at Higgins Law. We have an Albuquerque personal injury lawyer ready to help with strong communication and people skills. Our aggressive legal approach and unsurpassed negotiation abilities can help you recover the maximum damages in your personal injury claim.
View Larger Map